Tuesday 2 March 2010

Major Project update

In my last tutorial I spoke to my tutor regarding what I could do in relation to Pi-Ramesse. The tutorial was very helpful to me. Thanks to my tutors suggestions I now know what I want to do. I'm aiming to produce a short version of the story of Pi- Ramesse, which could be seen as an education piece aimed at the ages 12 and up.

There will be three acts revealing the following information:

Act 1: The fact that Pi-Ramesse was found in Tanis caused a lot of confusion, since according to the ancient Egyptian documentation, it was not located there.

Act 2: The archaeologists figured out why the city was found in an unexpected place. It revealed that Pi-Ramesse’s original location was in modern day Qantir, but due to water problems it was moved to the modern day Tanis, some 200 years after the death of its creator; Ramesses the Great.

Act 3: The possible method used to move such an enormous capital over a distance of 30 km; from Qantir to Tanis.

No comments:

Post a Comment